ENTERING 2019- HOW I WILL DEAL WITH IT
While reading in Exodus chapter 17, I noticed some things that stood out to me. I hope these thoughts will help you as we enter this next year.
- We are in a never-ending battle with our spiritual enemy. It will continue until the day we die. V.15
“If it’s not one thing it’s another!”
- While in this particular above mentioned skirmish with the enemy, Moses was instructed of the Lord to hold up his hands (lift up holy hands to the Lord).
This indicated several things to me:
- A gesture of total dependence
(Lord, I surrender all!) We are fighting with everything thing we know and with all the might we possess, …but we know our strength and victory is in your hands.
- It became an exhausting posture to maintain.
(Moses hands grew tired) V.12. “How long, Oh Lord, how long? ” We can all relate to that! The tendency of our human nature is to whine and complain. But have you noticed, – that never helps us to win.
- We need each other for encouragement and help. (Aaron and Hur on either side of Moses, holding up his hands.v.12) I pray every one of my partners have a strong word church, to stay in the warmth of other believers. It is SO important to share with other believers and help each other.
- I need to be steady and consistent in this posture of praise, (V.12) . I must never change positions of praise and worship with my mouth. NEVER!
- Determine in advance to get on top of every situation and battle, – with the sword, (word of God) in your hand and in your mouth. (v.9)
- f. Enter 2019 with an attitude and determination to praise God, regardless of what battle we are facing. With that attitude, we will always win.
V.11 “As long as Moses held up his hands…the battle went in their favor…”
- Always bear in mind our promise of victory:
“ Because hands were lifted up to the throne of the Lord…”, the Lord will control the war (fight the battle for us) against the enemy. v.16
I send my love and thanksgiving to each of our friends and cherished partners. I strongly encourage you be SURE to be a “doer of the word and not hearers (readers) only.” We’ll share some consistently good stories of victory as this year moves forward. We alwayswin, if we don’t quit!!! I heard this voice in my spirit on one occasion when I was ready to throw in the towel; “ I won’t quit if you won’t.” I knew where that came from. I came out of that jam, and I’m still here, – pretty healthy and still debt free at 82!
HAPPY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR!
*********************************************************SPECIAL UPDATE ON OUR BOOK DISTRIBUTION MINISTRY
In my December partner letter, that some of you have received, I gave you information of a request for 600 copies with names and addresses in Nigeria, Africa. All of these people are requesting the book I wrote titled SHOULD I SPEAK IN TONGUES. Of the nine book titles that I have sent to this area and others, this is the one they are now concentrated on receiving.
Could the Holy Ghost be making a statement to us here?
We sow and we water, “but God gives the increase.” Only time will tell what kind of spiritual awakening this could create in that country!
The cost for handling this on a standard method of individual mailing from our offices in Conroe, Texas, would be a little over $15,000, including printing the books, postage and handling, -but…
GOOD NEWS: I have found a printing source in the UK who can print the books and ship them to a local pastor, for under $6,000. This should cover other peripheral costs for those who do hands on work to help me in this project. The pastor there would then mail them to the 600 names and addresses in his country. Our ministry would give him some money to cover his cost for the local postage and handling. I trust God, – that when I have done my part, then He and others will do their part.
If you talk to our Father about this, it is because it is of interest to you. If you do, then He will surely speak to you in some way, about what part of this $6,000 you can help me with.
I HAVE LEARNED THIS, if God ever speaks to me to give to an opportunity and need of another, it is because he has two needs in mind. It is one I am giving to, – and the one I have been thinking/praying about in my own life.
I really do appreciate your prayers with me on the completion of this wonderful “open and effectual door” to us here. God knew that believers would need this wonderful gift of tongues to advance victorious living and His ministry in this world.
A BIG CHANGE IN OUR WEBSITE PROVISION
I have instructed our website provider to post all or our books on the website to be downloadable for $2.00 per book. This should be available soon. www.geralddavisministries.org. Please give this information to other Christians in your circles.
PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
As believers, I am sure you are joining with the thousands of people in this nation, who are praying for his wisdom, and resolve and physical protection, so he can continue his course in restoring our nation from the losses that this Christian nation sustained from the previous administration. This is still a Christian nation!
“STAND UP, STAND UP FOR JESUS, YOU SOLDIERS OF THE CROSS. LIFT HIGH HIS ROYAL BANNER, IT MUST NOT SUFFER LOSS. “
Your partner for successful living,